Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Gnorm's Last Day in MN






I had such a full last day in Minnesota. Our final yarn shop visit was to Creative Fibers in Minneapolis. Lorraine had been visiting the Fiberit blog for a long time and was thrilled to finally put a face to a blogger.

What made the visit extra special for Lorraine was the fact that the shop owner is moving to her neck of the woods and they talked about starting a knitting/spinning group at a local coffee shop. To say she's excited by the prospect is an understatement.

As for me, I loved hanging out with the Colinette model. Isn't she gorgeous!!! I think I'm in love.

Last stop before shipping off for my next destination was a charming little ice cream/chocolate shop called It's Just Perfect. It is housed in an historic railway station in downtown Chaska. I enjoyed visiting with the owner and an employee while Lorraine browsed the gift store. She found some double-dipped peanuts to bring home for her hubby and a great photo card to send along with me to the next destination.

We enjoyed a single scoop of mocha almond ice cream. The bench outside the shop was the perfect place to kick back and share a few friendly moments before I had to leave.

From here, we headed to the post office to ship out to my next destination. My lips are sealed as to the exact destination but East Coast, here I come!

No comments: